Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Mysore colony in Mumbai

The first mono rail system in India, the Mumbai mono rail is a marvel to behold. With aero dynamic design it seems so unreal, rather surreal. Once inside the spick and span coach  the nostrils are not assailed by the stench emanating from Dharavi; Climate Control will handle that issue.

The first phase runs for 8.9 Kms between Chembur and Wadala.
While dozing off in the salubrious interiors of the gleaming coach, I woke up startled and read "MYSORE" in bold letters through the window. Blimey, where am I, I thought for a moment rubbing my eyes in astonishment. I was restless till I found out that MYSORE COLONY is a monorail station more than a thousand kilometres away from the real, original, one and only Mysore railway station. 

Mono or the metro they can never beat the retro if nostalgias are criteria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home